Sunday, October 20, 2013

OMG will this happen to me?? Does everyone get an infection?


I do want to let everyone know that not everyone gets an infection. 

I am sharing my experience not to frighten anyone.

I am sharing it- 
to educate
to share with those going through the same situation
to get this experience off my chest
to show that some people can go through a difficult time, and as long as they are proactive, they will get better.

Everyone's experience is different. 
Everyone's recovery is unique to them. 
Not everyone goes into this in the same situation. 

Some people are at a higher risk because of many different reasons...
mine could have been my weight or even the fact that I was on pretnizone (steroid for dermatitis for a spider bite) prior to me breaking my ankle. 

For the most part, my recovery has been fairly good, minus the infection. I still to this day feel I have had the best possible care, by one of the best dr's.

The main thing, if you have any doubts in your care, get a second opinion. If you get an infection, be proactive. Do not wait. Seek medical attention. They go through many years of training for a reason. Do not try to diagnose yourself. 

Some signs of infection-
Redness
Heat at the area of infection
Fever
drainage (could smell, may not)
Soreness
Opening of some kind, sore, etc.
Call your DR, go into the ER. 
Get checked out by a medical professional.

No comments: